INSPIRING. EDUCATING. CONNECTING.
THE ONTARIO WRITERS’ CONFERENCE
April 30 – May 1, 2016
The Ontario Writers’ Conference is dedicated to the celebration of writing by inspiring, educating & connecting writers of all levels; providing participants with an opportunity to network with writers and other publishing professionals; and encouraging writers to publish, promote and sell their work.
Check out both tabs to see how the 2016 conference unfolds!
1. Archetypes, Characters & YOU — Donna Morrissey
2. Close Encounters: The Art of Writing Collaboratively — Dale R. Long and Tobin Elliott
3. Creativity KickStarter: Discovering the Power of Play – Heather Tucker12:30 PM
The exciting evening features:
– entertaining interviews and inspiring author readings
– opportunities to mingle with Canadian Authors, fellow writers and avid readers
– voting for the winnters of our Story Starters Contest
– exciting prizes and wondrous magic!
All this in a café-style atmosphere with a cash bar and sweet endings.
by Dorothea Helms8:45 AM
1. From Inspiration to Pub: Fiction Writer 101 – Ruth Walker
2. Writing for Healing – Laura Apol
3. INTERMEDIATE: Add a Little Queer to Your Fiction – M-E Girard
4. ADVANCED: Social Media – Anne MacLachlan
5. ADVANCED: Many Voices: Diversity in Memoir – Allyson Latta
by Wayson Choy11:30 AM
1. Publishing Roundtable – Mark Lefebvre, Jim Nason, Mike O’Connor, Carly Watters
2. INTERMEDIATE: Cultural Worldbuilding – Amanda Sun
3. INTERMEDIATE: Can’t Go Over It, Can’t Go Under It – Farzana Doctor
4. ADVANCED: Watch Your Language – Gwynn Scheltema
5. ADVANCED: Having Faith in Your Writing – Alison Pick
by Drew Hayden Taylor4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Are you a student with an interest in writing? Apply for our student (16+) scholarship!
Interviews, author readings and literary mingling, all in a café-style atmosphere with a cash bar and sweet endings.
Since the Ontario Writers’ Conference is a grassroots, all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization, we appreciate any and every bit of support we receive from our dedicated and generous partners from all sectors. On behalf of the many writers and readers who participate in our annual event, thank you for all you do. Interested in becoming a partner? Drop us a line.