The Ontario Writers’ Conference is delighted to announce a one-day workshop this October in partnership with One More Story Games!
Presented by Ontario Writers’ Conference: Join One More Story Games for a full day intensive workshop on basic and advanced features of StoryStylus, an storytelling engine for the creation and publishing of narrative-focused gaming content. Think ebook meets video game.
Click here to see some examples.
StoryStylus breaks down the narrative elements of stories: people, places, things, events, relationships, dialogue, setting, etc, to create playable game worlds. This software is still in alpha. Games are published on Android tablet, web (Facebook and iOS coming soon).
Creators can use the engine to:
- publish promotional storyworlds to drive traffic to their other work
- create standalone saleable content – like a 30 minute playable game
- create an ongoing series of gaming content
- prototype screenplays, video games and novels
- publish completed content in 20+ languages
Here’s a side-by-side view of the engine:
Who should attend?
- Graphic novelists
- Game designers
What to bring:
- PC laptop (Our software is currently in alpha, Windows only – however it may be ready for Macs by mid-September).
- A story concept in development – basic outline, character descriptions, placeholder art (optional)
- Lunch (or be prepared to purchase nearby)
Ready to sign up?
Sunday, October 18th – 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Trent University/Oshawa, 55 Thornton Road South, Oshawa, ON
Registration fee: $100.
Reserve your spot now!